PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2014, 17:01
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gayfriendly,

I don't think anybody was suggesting BE grow MAN more or before BHX, it was merely commenting that they are growing there.

However, with flybe, I feel there are only really 3 routes that could work reasonably well for them and within their normal comfort zone, which are Stuttgart, Bordeaux and Lyon. If they were to go really crazy and outside the box then Dresden and possibly Bucharest on the E175.

Other than that, I struggle to see what other routes could be a great success for them, given any others could incur the wrath of the competition starting up too.

----------------------------------------

Mickeyman,

Yes, to an extent you are right that a cake can only be so big (however a sprinkling of growth can be applied as more people are given the opportunity to travel and also the general growth of the human race).
For example, MAN-XXX-HKG is known to be about 151,000 per anum, clearly more than enough passengers to support a direct route, but at what cost to existing fights, well, we will never know until passengers are give the option and make their choice......