PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - disturbed minds at justhelicopters
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2003, 00:01
tigerpic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i worked there both pre and post sept 11th and i have to say that nothing changed except the americans getting a little more scared.

i believe strongly that the american people are not as united as the bush-clan say they are. the media is responsible of painting this picture of the country as being: "land of the free, home of the brave". this is just not true. a lot of the people care only about themselves, they don't give a damn what happens to the neighbours, and if they can make a buck selling their grandmother (not being their closest relations), they would.

two examples of this that struck me being in the us. i was at disneyworld in orlando july 4th; but where were all the american flags, except the ones hanging from the thousands of shops inside the park? where were the brave americans celebrating their independence from the horrible brits. after sept 11th i heard almost noone talking about terrorists, bin laden, afghanistan, iraq, weapons of mass-destruction, etc. frankly it seemed like people there couldn't give a damn.

americans have a saying they are proud of - "money talks, bull**** walks." after spending 4 years in this country, i've had enough. usa has so much poverty. norway and sweden are ranked by the united nations as the two best countries to live in, maybe they ought to look this way to learn. today 63 years ago the nazi regime occupied norway. we still remember it. may 17th we celebrate our constitution from 1814 by letting all the children in the country parade the cities with norwegian flags and music. that is a country united!