PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL-H +IR+ATPL Exams
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 14:45
apb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know my case is not exactly the same as this but I'd like to write down it here because maybe there are someone in the same situation or similar that could help me.

I did my JAR CPL(H) in Spain, I started it in november 2009 under amendment 3 (the course was aproved by our CAA as a CPL(H) amendment 3 and I have a written certificate from the school with this information). In January 2010 started the amendment 6 in Spain and I did my CPL(H) theory exams in 2010, after my six months theory clases, and finished my CPL(H) course in 2011.

Four months ago I sent a letter to my CAA to get a written certificate, I want to have in paper that I have the ATPL (H) VFR because I am a CPL(H) amendment 3 so in my case is aplicable the JAR FCL 2.050. The answer was negative, they told me that I did my exams under amendment 6 so the JAR FCL 2.050 is not applicable to me.

I have sent another letter explaining that my CPL course is an amendment 3 course and I fulfill all the requirements, both theoretical and practical, for an amendment 3 course but the answer was negative again, they told me JAR FCL 2.050 is not applicable to me again.

I don't know what I could do, maybe if I change my license to another country it could be easier to resolve?, or my CAA is correct and the JAR FCL 2.050 is not applicabe to me due to I did my exams under the amendment 6?. If I don't get a positive answer to my problem I have to pass all the exams again (less two) to get the ATPL (H) VFR and this is a lot of money and time!

Sorry for my English is not my native language.

Best regards