PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In the name of the lord.....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2014, 11:13
Blantoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a biologist but if you just look at the complexity of one cell, the smallest part of our body, and the amount of detail in it and how it interacts with other cells to build a functioning organism like ourselves, common, that was not a accident? If you look at the universe, everything is perfect, the earth is the perfect distance from the Sun, turns at the perfect speed ens. this is by accident?
No, you aren't. Nor are you a physicist, or even mildly educated apparently. The processes by which cells became complex, human being evolved, and the Earth found itself in it's current reasonable (not perfect) position relative to the sun, are EXTREMELY well understood. (Multicellularity, Evolution, Anthropic Principle, Kepler's 3rd law etc)

God of the gaps argument. Absolute classic. And even then you couldn't use real gaps, only gaps in your own knowledge.

Instead of telling people to read the Bible (which I have, and when read with an open mind I would say is one of the quickest ways to become Atheist) perhaps you should read.. oh, ANY scientific literature.

As for disproving, nobody has yet been successful in disproving the fairies at the bottom of exeng's garden; perhaps you should convert to Fairyanity? You see, there is a logical fallacy behind every one of your arguments, and I'm very surprised you're still using them. (There are actually far better arguments than yours for the existence of god; they're all tripe of course, but at least not as easy to knock out the park as yours!)

You did get one thing right. This is a flying forum, and as such, prayer is absolutely not a factor when considering the safety of fellow human beings. Airlines relying on magic to keep their passengers safe instead of good maintenance and training should be ridiculed and shut down. Not in that order.