PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2014, 07:16
Ngineer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
"You can't operate a major maintenance facility for only eight aircraft," Mr Truss told reporters in Brisbane.
"These aircraft have served Australia well over the years, but they're reaching retirement age.
"You can't keep the services operating when there are no aircraft."
Correct, you can't keep services operating with no aircraft, but this is not the issue as the airline does have numerous aircraft. Even before the 380 arrived on the scene it was plain as day that the company was winding down heavy maint ops. We were never going to carry out heavy maint on the 380, or any other new types that may or may not arrive. So the issue of not carrying out heavy maint due no aircraft is not valid.

I personally have serious concerns for the fate of BNE heavy in the coming years. I see guys at the airport who look like 457 Visa holders carrying out work I used to do whilst my mates are facing the unemployment line. It makes me sick.

I have worked at HKG heavy a few years back and seen 1 LAME supervising and certifying 2 seperate arcraft in the hangar. Stuff knows who the workers were he was certifying (they were not Licenced, in fact I am unsure what qualifications they held).

I have personally seen some things that make me wonder if some of the bigwigs and decision makers in the various aviation fields in this country are in each others pockets.

"Australia is open for Business"...... my @rse it is.