PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You just thought you where the PIC
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 11:02
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now sure, I can hear pilots screeching like an old turbojet, but the truth is gentlemen, that we need to always stand up and say "this is what it costs"

Frank R

I take the point you are making but with a concern. Its all very well if you fly some very expensive hardware with a budget to suit but some of us fly bottom of the pile business jets where the owners are cost aware and loading too many costs could get to the point that the jet is considered too expensive to keep.
i feel that yes it costs what it costs but you have to deal with things as if they are your own and your own money.
do you catch peak time trains or try and schedule for off peak or do you think your going first class because in the scale of things first class is a drop in the ocean? I am sure you get what I am saying.
Yes safety is paramount but it bugs me when three times the deicing fluid needed is poured over the aircraft and charged for because they claim to have a minimum dispense volume or if you feel as an experienced pilot that the jet does not need deicing but someone sees £££s and tells you it does.
Should that determination be judged by a non pilot or by a qualified Captain?
Its a bit like hospital administration staff telling a consultant surgeon how to operate ?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 20th Jan 2014 at 11:38.