PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You just thought you where the PIC
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 13:47
g450cpt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
decision making

I don't think the real issue is about the budget. I think most pilots that are in the position to fly $50 million+ biz jets are more worried about self preservation than they are about saving a few thousand dollars. The real issue here is taking away our decision making authority. Let me ask you, do you want the ground handler looking over the weather and second guessing your fuel load, your alternate, or the route you filed? The most important person on the airplane to me is me. If I need to deice, I will make the decision to deice and what type to use. I don't want someone that may be getting a commission the amount of deice fluid they sell, trying to tell me that I need to deice. That is what my principal pays me for. Yes there may be a few inept pilots out there that are too scared of getting an a$$ chewing for spending a few bucks, but don't punish the rest of us for their mistakes. To the pilots that think this a good policy, let me know how you feel when the government tells you where to live, what to do for a living, whom to marry, how many babies to have because you are not intelligent enough to make those decisions on your own. Let the bombardment begin.

g450cpt

Last edited by g450cpt; 19th Jan 2014 at 14:08.