PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C208 Crash Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 09:56
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HR, I wrote quite a long reply to you but in the end I just deleted it.

Its a shame when you start looking down on someone due to their age and background, of which you know nothing about.
There's no point discussing this topic as you are obviously set in your opinions and unwilling to look at any points of view.

Yes, in an engine failure there is only one way to go once it happens. A good pilot will always leave himself an option B, or at least have a plan of attack if it does stop making noise.
Sometimes twin engine aircraft can give you a false sense of security. And that can get you into much worse situations.

I wish we could fly twins everywhere. Actually I wish we could fly 4 engined aircraft everywhere. I also wish that money didn't matter in this world and that the cost of gas wasn't as high as what it was.

The truth is, a lot of these places that single engine aircraft like the van, porters, quests or 750's are operating out of, aren't exactly flush with cash.
Papua, Papua New Guinea, Nepal, and across most of Africa.
Money available + terrain not suitable for airports big enough to handle most twin turbines.... what tool is available to do the job?
Also, other than the twin otter, what plane is available to do the same jobs that the above mentioned singles can do?
Try and get your hands on a good twin otter these days....