PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You just thought you where the PIC
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 09:44
3 Point

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Eat My Shorts

You say "You were not there, so you cannot judge the weather conditions" which is true but, in the previous post you said " it was snowing really, really slightly we had a few tiny frozen droplets on our outer wings". I based my remarks on your statement!

You also say "you don't know the type of aircraft that I fly" however I see from previous posts that you mention Excell, EMB145 and Falcon 2000. I don't know which of those you were flying on the day of course but I do know that aircraft of this class typically mandate "clean wings" before departure!

My question was simply to ask how you can consider falling snow and frozen droplets on the wing as meeting a "clean wing" policy. Based on the information you have given us and assuming that you are flying an aeroplane which requires a "clean wing" on departure, my judgement is that your decision was flawed. If you don''t want others to judge your decision then don't include it in a public discussion!

Pace,

I agree that there is a cost motivation but, I guess it's just the cost of doing business in Vnukovo!

3 Point