PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 09:19
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm loathe to quote sources but I'm sure HK was in top 3 of MEBs Ex MAN !

I have mentioned before that CAPA indicated that the Chinese are highly suspicious of opening up routes where BA, AF/KL and LH could muscle in, is this a factor ?

Look at the rumoured destinations the Chinese are looking at, they hardly jump out ?

Maybe that explains Barca, Vienna, Dublin and Munich where competition from national carriers might be less ?

On these routes it puts them up against EI, Austrian and Iberia not exactly heavy hitters !

Presumably they would allow reciprocal rights re Munich with LH BUT it is not the primary gateway so is possibly viewed as less of a threat as Frankfurt ?

On a general note if we had a degree of federalism in the UK we might see a fairer playing field with regards this subject but with our rabble, not a chance. Generally speaking there is no interest in Manchester OR the airport from either side until election time and then come fawning around a gullible NWest public.. within 24 hours, gone again for another 4 years !

In my view a degree of "Mancunianism" would help Manchester Airport no end !

-----------------------------------------------------------
I emailed Air Rouge and indeed MAG indicating that the Toronto flights Ex MAN were totally impossible to find.

To be fair to AC emailed back within 30 minutes and said they would get there Customer service dept to investigate ASAP.

No such urgency from MAG their response was non existent.

I did notice a twitter feed offering a Toronto holiday which I think was thru AC !