PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2014, 14:38
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New bases at Vancouver and Calgary. Could we see any further expansion from them to rival Air Transat? Correct me if i'm wrong but is Montreal served from MAN? Potential there for a route if not served
There are no direct services from MAN to Montreal from anybody.
So it's a surprise that AC Rouge have chosen to enter MAN - Toronto in competition with a daily Air Transat service. The Rouge is only for 11 weeks, and only 5 trimes a week. If you use any agent like e-bookers, expedia etc you are most unlikely to be offered a Rouge flight. Booking direct offers fares on par with AC mainline from LHR- so not a "low cost" fare. Although of course a " low cost" airline is not necessarily a "low fare" airline.

Air Canada Rouge expect to have a minimum of 6 B767-300ERs in operation by summer 2014. New B777s & B787s delivered to AC in Spring 2014 will allow more B767s to be moved to Rouge.

To me a Montreal service, which also has good onward connections would have made more sense-especially as a summer seasonal route.
However the MAN-YYZ route is barely advertised & so difficult to book, I'd suggest it might be a pretty flakey operation, but I hope to be proved wrong on that one.