PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stepping down gracefully....
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2014, 10:19
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mary

With all due respects to you as I know you have put a lot into aviation and still do! You are a shining light but not for the argument you appear to be making and I am not sure what that argument is?
You were instructing at the age of 77 and gave up after sadly having a stroke?
Aviation is not my only pastime I love Scuba diving and underwater photography and art so I very much doubt I will ever be flying when I reach 77 if I am still here by then!
If I found a serious problem medically that would be it!
Most people are sensible and have a duty to their loved ones not to kill themselves!
My son flies for EasyJet! Do you think he would be happy with me flying if he thought I was going GA GA ?
The obsessed care less types are few and far between and would soon be picked out by others in the aviation world as not being up to it!

Remember yourself instructing at 77 fantastic !!! The world champion base jumper 62 yrs of age and as you put it an old fart beating guys of 30
Extreme sports for old farts YES YES YES or you really will become an old fart way before time / there is plenty of time to be dead but not plenty of time on this earth!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 17th Jan 2014 at 12:40.