PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 14:44
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schedules at the moment definitely indicate 7 based aircraft at this moment in time. This is even without Katowice which is still in the booking menu but no dates loaded.

I think we can kiss Oporto, Stockholm and Zadar goodbye for now as I would imagine they would have been launched with the other 4 routes. Oporto for example is bookable from Liverpool this summer and would imagine a 'thin' route like that would only be served from one or the other.

Its also good to see Madrid increased with a new Saturday flight. I think less than daily on a city the size of Madrid while routes such as Lisbon support 12 weekly is pretty poor so nice to see an increase.

All in all I'm quite impressed with Ryanair growth at the moment. I had worries they could stagnate like they have at BHX (seem to have hit 4 based and no more) or just be using MAN to squeeze ever more money out of Liverpool, but they seem to be growing quite nicely and it doesn't seem to have affected the MAN incumbents given Easyjet, Monarch and Jet have all grown last year and all have new routes starting this year too (Easyjet only 1 route but have publicly stated they will grow more and given how stretched capacity wise they are this year the one route will suit me just fine).