PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stepping down gracefully....
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2014, 19:09
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok one last shot at the get old quickly brigade
Two examples

Last year the world champion base jumper was a man of 62 yrs of age beating young guys of 25 30 etc!

I had a lovely old friend a pilot who loved flying and had an amazing passion for flying!
He would call me very day with this idea or that idea! always full of life with a twinkle in his eye.
the last two years of his life he carried out 30 trans Atlantic ferries on his own ferrying stuff no one else wanted to ferry!
He had far more guts than I ever had often ferrying knackered singles from the USA to parts of Europe and beyond.
I told him on many occasions that on one of these trips he would not return!
his reply was that he loved what he did and did what he loved and if he did not return so be it!
Sadly he died in Canada ferrying a 172 in terrible weather mid winter and iced up.
He died not because of his age but because of his character. he had such an infectious enthusiasm and had such a good philosophy in life, was a huge support through my divorce that i really miss the daily chats I had with him and the support that was always there.

IF YOU WANT TO GROW OLD YOU WILL GROWN OLD WHETHER YOU ARE 50 60 70 or in My friends case he was still young at heart at 78

Pace