PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firm grip of the non-essential
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2014, 06:15
ASH1111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All right, I'll bite. No names for the Checkie (clue he is in the top 15 of the list). Very first sector ever flying for CX. PM sector for me. We land, he sets the parking brake and says "Right, you and me down stairs, right now." Holy crap! I tucked my tail between my legs and followed him to a first class seat where he sat down and said "You are a rude, typical American, and if you don't shape up your not going to make it at Cathay Pacific." I was stunned, as I am a very go easy kind of guy. I humbly said, "I am so sorry, could I ask what I have done so as to make sure to not do it again?" "Absolutely" he said, "When we sat down in our seats in Hong Kong you did not hand me my Jepps wipes or muffs. You just got your own and sat down. Unbelievable." I was aghast, first off, being my first flight, my mental cup was pretty full. I had 2 million things sloshing around my head, handing the COMMANDER his jepps, wipes and muffs didn't even make the list. No joke, in my ERAS reports if he ever complimented me on anything, he would prefix it with..."Considering his nationality and background...he is going quite well at blah blah blah. " Unreal. My wife sure got a kick out of it though.