PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firm grip of the non-essential
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2014, 03:37
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
I'm very jealous as I've never been asked questions that rank at the same level of absurdity as some of the above- though some of the questions listed I thought were pretty legit! Hydraulic fluid flash points leading in to a discussion on brake fan usage etc?

Anyways. A good one doing the rounds at KA is from our new Cadets or MPLs. Bless them. Cadet gets asked how much effort he's putting into his course by a training manager and he says 90% -training manager berated him and told how he must put in 100% and 90% not good enough!

Being well networked when Cadet number two gets a progress interview and asked how much effort he's putting into the course he proudly beams 100%. Training manger is furious, says that's not good enough he must put in 110%.

I always find it amusing how expatriates put down the local schooling systems and the Eastern way of learning. Yet aviation in Hong Kong seems locked in a bygone area, so far removed from modern adult learning environments and without a clue to performance enhancing techniques which abound. The money and resources spent on training should produce a much higher standard.

Rant over - how many Airbus logos can be seen on the flight deck? Accurate bearing and distance to Mecca?