PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2014, 16:43
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last summer United operated 6 daily flights to Newark from Heathow and this year will only be operating only 5 daily flights. That must mean they will operate the 6th daily flight from Luton... I wonder if it will be operated by 777 or 747?! LOL...

Love it how some of you guys are scraping the barrel in this thread, that maybe airlines will move from Heathrow to Luton, when there is no proof or even rumours that they are coming... If Luton was the only alternative London airport, I might take things a little more serious.

Tarom operates a flights twice a week to the airport, that moved from LHR. That is the only airline that has done it, and now all of a sudden speculation is half of Heathrow are comeing to the airport!

If Cyprus Airways are going to sell their second daily slot at LHR, they are probably going to drop London to single daily in the longer run. Airlines like BA, Ryanair, Monarch, Norwegian and easyJet are all flying to the island from London airports.

Remember up until a few years ago they used STN as their second London base...

Cyprus Airways are and have been in dire straits for years and the death of this airline is imminent, sometime in the not too distant future! They are choked by spiralling costs, a governement who is unwilling to finance them, the EU demanding an unprofitable airline cannot be propped with state aid and a militant unionised workforce!

I thought this forum was about actual news and goings on at the airport - or at least rumours with some meat to the them... But just seems to be full of some peoples individual fantisies and wishlists that they would like to see at the airport.

Last edited by gilesdavies; 11th Jan 2014 at 16:57.