PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firm grip of the non-essential
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2014, 10:39
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
Max speed for windscreen wiper?
It's about 180 strokes a minute !!!(Boeings anyway !1)
Geez, never heard such crass, pointless and irrelevant questions on my entire career !
What the hell is going on in CX and why are these idiots appointed to training in the first place ?? What do they think they are achieving ?

But its not just CX. In my BA days (where there were lot of good trainers, some not so good but OK, ) I flew with a U/T training captain, on (his) final check out with a management pilot. He was HOPELESS, truly hopeless and totally clueless as to what was required on a base training session.

I knew I had not done well and after his dreadful debrief I was so angry I told him exactly what I though of his performance. (I had had a lot of training experience in the RAF as a QFI) He was non plussed to say the least, and I expected a P45 job. After his departure I was summoned into the flight manager's office for a "chat". He agreed with everything I said, he had failed this would be T/C told me not to worry and do the trip again next week, which went swimmingly. That was in 1975 but still remember it so clearly.

Common sense CAN prevail.