PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Managed to get an EASA Class 1 Medical (although limited)
Old 8th Jan 2014, 19:13
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No need for apology. I have been plugging away at the CAA under JAR in 2004 but under JAR an "initial issue" could not have an OML.

My Class 2 was temporarily suspended and I was repeatedly reminded I remain "unfit" Class 1 but didn't want to attend for an initial only to be told the same thing after attending!

The problem is a "visual problem" and an inferior nasal defect limited to the lower quadrant of my right eye.

I had a good AME who helped out in the process and in essence we waited for EASA to kick in and attempt the "deviation" route for Class 1.

Class 2 was reissued under EASA after a successful Medical Flight Test as without it I could not "Solo".

A few consultant reports later from an Private Ophthalmologist and attendance of the EASA Class 1 medical resulted in comments from the Optometrist as CAA that it will most likely be a "first OML initial Class 1 under EASA" if I am successful...

The only issue now is how I go about the training because it limits options like Instructing and being paid for Commercial Operations under Single Pilot!

I think they look at the case on its own merits and because my problem is permanent and stable..

Last edited by Scoobster; 8th Jan 2014 at 19:28.