PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2014, 19:14
ANYWHERE BUT ABZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abz stand problems

Probably a well known fact is that Aberdeen does not have enough stands, especially when it comes to international stands.

So at the moment there are 11 scheduled destinations that are international plus during the summer 6-7 months you can add another 11.

So going by the summer schedules released by airlines so far including air Baltic, SAS (Oslo) bmi regional (2xoslo) it's currently showing that there are 5 early morning international departures between 6-6.40, 6 international arrivals between 8.40 and 9.05 and also between 18.15 and 18.40.

I'm struggling to figure out how 6 aircraft fit onto 4 stands, also during summer and I'm yet to confirm departure and arrival times but on a Friday you have 4 international charter flights and 2 on a Monday, hopefully none of these are scheduled for peak times at Aberdeen as I'm not too sure 7 or 8 aircraft will be able to fit onto stands 1-4, also charter flight tend not to have quick turn around times and are generally on stand for at least an hour.

Surely a case for Aberdeen to increase the number of stands, especially when passengers are demanding more international destinations both charter and scheduled.