PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need a position in anything related to ATC
Old 7th Jan 2014, 11:21
NewAge.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of questions for you:

Are you getting feedback on the roles you are missing out on? I see some comments for some of the things you have tried, but maybe its worth looking at exactly why you are being passed over. You mention one case where people had aviation experience or similar - if you are not working at present, why not look for any job relevant to the industry. Go be a baggage handler even, anything that gives you some extra exposure and shows a commitment to the industry. (Before people scoff I have teed up an airport customer service role as Plan B to my ATC plans and my interviewer was very interested in this. Also, I don't know about Spain, but baggage handling here isn't all about loading and unloading planes, they look after towing, signalling and a variety of other tasks. Meanwhile you are meeting people and earning some cash.

What does your CV and your cover letter look like? If they are not in your first language maybe get someone to look over them? You can have great skills and experience, but if you present poorly on paper you will never get the chance to speak to anyone. Make sure your cover letter addresses each specific role.

If you are looking down the barrel of more psychometric testing, maybe you can get feedback on any similar tests you have done and either passed or failed? Again, something I have done and they were quite happy to oblige.

Anyway, like I said, just some things that might be worth looking at, seeing as you are still searching. Good luck with it.
The only type of feedback I've got is that I lack of experience, in most positions I don't get any feedback at all, just a standard not-shortlisted letter.

I was working at the Airport Customer Servive in my airport for 1 month (Palma de Mallorca), but due to a company change, all workers where fired, and new workers were contracted. I've also been working for the Duty Free Shop for 6 months.

Yes, I'm currently trying to look for a position in the Airport.

My CV has been checked, not my resume, however I got positive feedbacks about it.

Yes, I'm practising psycometric tests, I'm good at them, as I said the only problem I was having was with the cube test, but now I'm quite confident on them.

Thanks.