PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger down off Straddie
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 20:57
Dora-9

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
There is no case for restricting today's operations, but there is a real need to prevent knee jerk reactions and idiot calls to remove the wee beasty from service.
P005, have you got this yet?

Dora-9 - 15 incidents and 3 in flight failures is a lot considering how many Tigers were flying during that period of time.
Do your own research, why don't you? You read the ATSB reports - VERY few of the 15 incidents and/or accidents on the ATSB site are specific to the Tiger - most, a missed call in a busy CTAF, a taxying accident, some stupid low level manoeuvrings, an engine failure on take off, to name just four, could have occurred in any type and had nothing to do characteristics of the DH-82.

And then we have this brainless gem from you:

The performance of these planes is marginal, and there is not a lot of room for error flying two-up on a hot day.
So, how much Tiger Moth experience do you actually have to make this truly amazing statement? Would you not consider that there are many other aircraft around with similar weight to power ratios? Should we ground all aircraft not achieving a certain ratio?

And what, pray, do you think that "low performance" had to do with the Stradbroke Island accident? Or are you simply on an anti old aeroplanes vendetta?

Jack, Frank, Griffo - I apologize, I should never have responded and given this character oxygen in the first place.

By George! You had me worried about my aircraft recognition skills - on my last visit to Duxford (2013), Mike was the very proud owner of a DH-84 Dragon (I looked again, it really was a Dragon). Maybe the Rapide you went in was his from earlier?