PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any spare troops/fire engines chaps?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 12:15
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been going on for months

Biggus its been going on for months. Yeovilton dropped their fire crews down to a minimum level ages ago and have been concentrating upon supplying emergency fire cover at v short notice. Culdrose the same I am led to believe.
Had a major effect on individuals concerned as we would imagine. But the show goes on, safety cover was still supplied to both RNAS and the 2 satellites - the individual sections/people take the hit. Life in a blue one and one of the reasons I went out the door.

RNAS used to operate 5 full fire crews to keep 365 cover going. 2 at the Air Station on 24 about, 2 at the satellite in a similarish vein and 1 in a weeks training. Rotate every 5 weeks. Generally a good system for one and all, but now long gone for a variety of reasons.

LJ good links - why are the Government so keen to keep this out of the
news?

* Understand why the FBU think they have cause to go on strike, but I don't understand the vindictive manner in its organization and implementation. Like a 6 hour strike on Xmas eve meant maximum disruption for young servicemen and women, generally screwed their holiday up, made it dangerous for them to travel about after the strike in the small hours of Xmas day etc. Just a twats trick, in my civvy opinion.
The FBU and firemen have generally lost my good will since 2002. I was involved, I know how you did it and what you did and I wont forget.