PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-ARPI - The Trident Tragedy: 40 years ago today
Old 5th Jan 2014, 11:41
Fly.Buy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very similar to SirFreddie, I too have enjoyed reaing this thread. In the 70's through to the early 1980's, I would regularly fly as a passenger on the Tridents mostly routing MAN-LHR-IST. I was always looked after well by BEA staff and my experiences were that they were a good airline. Therefore this thread is really interesting for me to know the politics beyond the cockpit door!

On another note and I believe that it has been mentioned earlier in this thread I was at Istanbul airport in 1976 due to catch the return leg of G-AWZT when it went down over Zagreb. We were initially told for 2 hours that it had been delayed for techinical reasons before the local press descended on the airport to announce the terrible news. Very sad day indeed especially for the awaiting relatives at the other end not to mention to crew and passengers on board both the aircraft.

Anyhow great nostalgic thread folks, even if at times it touches a morbid topic. Thanks Fly.Buy