PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2014, 09:22
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ringwayman, FlightStats airport part only include departures and charter
flights/other non-scheduled are excluded. In other words, if you look at both
the CAA numbers and FlightStats together - the only conclusion I can draw from this is: a large share of flights in to MAN are on schedule, but many of these ends up between 15 and 30 minutes late on departure.
But the very simple point is that the CAA gives a much better spectrum for the OTP stat, you yourself have admitted that flightstats does not give the full picture, not that it ever stops you trying to paint MAN in such a gloomy light whenever possible.

The simple fact is, the majority of MAN's 'bad punctuality' comes on the 1-15 minute category. I, and no doubt the vast majority of passengers could not care less if a flight leaves within this time frame. In the grand scheme of things 15 minutes is nothing, and aircraft can usually make up the time en route.

-----------------------------------------

In other new, airlineroute is reporting TAP MAN-LIS is 12 weekly this summer, but, I can still only find 11 weekly loaded. Saturday was initially loaded as double daily to make the 12 weekly but as of yet has not been re-loaded if this is where the 12th weekly flight will be.