PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doorless A330 in Sydney
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2003, 18:43
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Rabbit,

IF you mean what I said?

I did say I was NOT familiar with the A330, A340 or A320.

I assure you the A300-600 and A310 are as I stated. I thought maybe they used the same logic on the others.

The incident at Compass, where a door was nearly ripped off, came about because after all the doors were closed, and bridge was moving away, Aircraft was cleared to pushback. After checking door indications, the Crew initaited engine start, which INHIBITS door indications, and just about every indication unless it relates to engine start. The traffic person then reached over and opened the door again, luckily the pushback was stopped just in time, however the Crew were not even aware of the problem until told.

Airbus later confirmed this was as designed. As the engines are normally started on the ground, they purposely inhibit all other warnings during start.

It is similar to lots of other Aircraft where many indications are inhibited during takeoff, until the Aircraft reaches 100 or 200 feet altitude.

I am surprised that the A330 and A340 are not similar to the A300-600/A310, but I will take your word for it if you are familiar with these Aircraft.

Best regards,

airsupport.