PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2013, 11:16
plasticmerc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work with a lot of A cat guys where I am now, the company abuses these guys almost uses them as B cat guys, running around signing dailies weeklies and other various tasks.
The A guys know this is wrong but do it because they want to be B cat guys.
I asked a A cat guy the other week ok so you have a type rating yes? yes I do ok so can you do an engine start on this a/c?
umm yes I can,.
Asked him run me through what you are going to do where switches are and what are you watching.
The blank look was worry some, (note I am a trainer here) but this guy went through someone else.
A cat guys are great to have around but they concentrate so hard on what they can do they lose thee ability to do everything else.
Under A cat lic you can't raise an MEL or an ADD, B1 B2's will always have a place on line and in a hangar just you will obviously need less of them.
Oh B2's need not worry no B1 I have met will replace you I can put my hand on my heart and say a good B2 is worth his/her weight in gold when the ****e hits the fan!
EASA has a lot to answer for it is a cheap and nasty way of getting your license.
I have met many guys who have cash go and do all B1 n B2 modules in 21 days yes they are bloody awesome they come out and they know it all.

OZ has a lot to catch up on, we all wanted EASA licenses well welcome to the land of the cheap and everything goes!

Oh EASA has now past a reg pilots can do ETOPS preflights, so all the guys doing flying spanner roles sorry.
Yes EASA we love you!!!