PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2013, 10:18
HH6702

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not always due to lack of demand its about having the choice of flights and times which will suit the passenger.

Here is 2 examples

DUS x 2 daily did really well. it got reduced and the pax figures nosedived!
This due to long connection times making AMS more appealing.
Im sure that if it went back to 2x daily the figures would rise again and people would use it.

Thinking of increase in flights look at what happened to SN figures when BMIR came along they went up due to 3 x daily flight.

Easyjet however is different. They had to make cuts due to getting a better deal at gatwick and more growth down there and they had limited aircraft.
Our base went from 7 based aircraft at one time down to 3. there was no way they could keep the amount of flights the same. it resulted in routes being dropped that did work.

Routes they dropped are working nicely for JET2 and they seem to be happy with the loads and are making a PROFIT!!!!

There is no reason why 2 or more carriers cant come onto the same route.

However saying that i dont think there is room just yet for 2 gulf carriers however i would be saying yes if and when EK decide to go 2x daily.

Advertising
Has BMIR done any adverts in papers yet to advertise the NCL-BRU route?
A lot of people i guess in the north east wont know its happening!!

I know the airport team does a good job and talks to airlines all the time.
They may have even been speaking to other carriers that we have been stating over the last few pages and hopefully something will come of these talks.

Hopefully HRG may get off the group in summer 2015!
Jet2 will also increase again for summer 2015 with more new routes...
these routes may not be new to the airport but this will increase the passenger choice from our local airport!!