PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-ARPI - The Trident Tragedy: 40 years ago today
Old 28th Dec 2013, 21:15
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quoting blind pew:

What they have done is deliberately blame the two not flying occupants of the cockpit.
I didn't see it that way. I saw the program and thought they did fairly well in separating facts from fiction (fiction being what actually happened in the cabin) and they were clear that noone could say anything about why things went wrong. Personally I do not think of the program as blaming the non-flyers. They did a review of the behaviour of the non-flying crew but they also reviewed Capt Key's speed profiles after take off.

As for the authenticity of the Trident flight deck generally speaking (outfits, equipment etc), the main thing is the placement of the droop/flaps levers. I compared the film footage with a picture from a museum and it didn't look the same. This can of course be due to a number of reasons of which I am unaware. Could someone please elaborate on this?
EDIT: I just realized that they redesigned the levers to avoid confusion, and this must be the reason they don't look the same. Sorry! A bit foggy today!

From reading your posts, blind pew (I must say I have the greatest respect for you and I intend to buy your book), I understand that there was a culture within the company that might have contributed. That wasn't covered, I agree. I also agree that I was waiting for someone to emphasize on the noise abaitment procedures being strange - there was one former Capt who mentioned it to be strange so it was covered but only briefly.

Someone here asked what happened to the guy Mr Key argued with some time before takeoff. I am a bit curious about that too.

Last edited by MrSnuggles; 28th Dec 2013 at 21:27.