PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger down off Straddie
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2013, 02:00
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, the attachment of Go-Pro mounts will probably feature a lot lower in investigators sights, than the investigation of the circumstances regarding previous accidents to the aircraft, and how the repairs to those previous accidents were carried out.
I understand that VH-TSG has had a chequered history and cannot be positively identified as to its true provenance.
Who knows what has actually happened to this aircraft, as regards repair from many decades ago, if it's true provenance cannot be identified?
It appears that VH-TSG could also have been used for ag spraying, with possible resultant chemical spray effect on airframe components being added to the investigators list.

VH-TSG

I believe VH-TSG was also involved in an accident as recently as 12 yrs ago. I cannot find any ATSB report relating to that incident, but no doubt, available repair records from any incidents involving VH-TSG will be scrutinised.
One would trust that the potential for the vastly increased likelihood of corrosion in metal components that are buried in wood - when used in a humid coastal environment, such as TSG was being operated in - was also understood by the owner/operator.