PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL - CPL Confused (need help with correct route)
Old 27th Dec 2013, 19:51
Philrogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop PPL - CPL Confused (need help with correct route)

Based out of Liverpool (EGGP) looking for a bit of help or guidance to correct training path, i know i am planning maybe to far ahead but just want a plan of action really for the next 2 years

Currently logged 23 Hours to my PPL(A)
passed Air law & human performance (1 hour solo)

age 23 and looking to go commercial, however this is the tricky part (for me anyway)

Having read that i need a total time of 150 hours 70 of which must be PIC but i can't have my CPL issued until 200 hours so assuming i enrol with 150 hours then do 25 hours dual i still need to find another 25 hours, thats without me getting to the 150 first.

So my main question is, If my instructor is right in saying 50 hours to PPL then i need to find another 100 hours, i don't fancy flying around just for the fun of it and spending £150 an hour just to add to my logbook, is there any way i could continue to train for example an instrument rating, those hours would then count to my CPL, or possibly a MEP Rating to count to my CPL.

Or am i going to waste money getting these and then have to get these ratings for a CPL?

There is so many different routes you can take 1 being better than the other etc etc, i will be funding as i go with my salary that i thought i should add.