PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2013, 13:16
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair:

The schedules at one point were showing enough early starts to warrant a 7th base, and if the new routes to Zadar, Oporto and Skavsta come to fruition, as well as Tours and Katowice, then there will be plenty for the 7th based to be getting on with. Its not beyond the realms of possibility for the 7th based to be added in the next 2-3 months for a decent selling period, and give how much the schedules have been tinkered with in the last 2 weeks alone, its obvious Ryanair have a far from complete summer schedule.

I do have my reservations about 8 based aircraft, not only because the Ryanair fleet next summer is fairly stretched, but T3 next summer has the potential to be an absolute nightmare. Not only potentially 2 more based Ryanairs, but, more non-based Ryanair movements, US airways joining the rush hour fun (The US746/747 B757 to Charlotte is on the ground for 5 hours no less!!) and possible extra based flybe to cover flights to destinations from MAN that are no longer a base.

I for one will be avoiding any travel that takes me through Terminal 3 next year, it doesn't sound like it will be fun at all.