PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2013, 21:56
LAME2

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Thank goodness he is leaving. I was once a supporter and perhaps I could even have been described as a fan of Cosgrove. He lost my good will and support however after I read the article where he described with glowing admiration, the leadership Joyce had showed by shutting down the airline. Lost me forever after that. Somehow he has found himself too far into the trough along with the rest of them. Could not see the forest for the trees or as an alternative view, was allowed to be played as a puppet by the QF PR team. Very poor judgment there Peter.

Found this. Could not find paper article I refered to.

http://www.pprune.org/australia-new-...-cosgrove.html

Found statements by Cosgrove here;
No Cookies | Herald Sun

"Alan Joyce came from a working-class background and dragged himself up through a career. He's a very clever, very compassionate and very talented man who is doing a great job as the CEO."
Cosgrove has loved watching Joyce outflank the enemy recently, shepherding passengers into hotel rooms or on to alternative airlines.
"It was more impressive than anything I've seen in the military," Cosgrove said. "Given that we hadn't made a decision until the Saturday, anything that happened after that was going to be pretty impressive."

Last edited by LAME2; 29th Dec 2013 at 07:44. Reason: add comments by Cosgrove