PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger down off Straddie
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2013, 01:40
fencehopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
environment

I live near Luskingtyre where a lot of Tigers are flown and rebuilt. Not uncommon to have them doing aeros overhead the house and I attend "Lunch with the Tigers" regularly. Enjoy it immensely and hope this accident does not effect the good times everyone there enjoy.
Some interesting comments about how and possibly why but I can't help but think of the importance of the environment this Tiger had been operated in over it's working life.
Flown hard and only possibly maintained to a profit driven cost and not maybe the usual passion a Tiger receives and in an exceptionally SALTY atmosphere. Sure will be interesting to read the final report.

GoPro cameras mounted to helmets. As a skydiver I own one just like everyone else. Compromising helmet integrity? Not with the stick on mounts. I could understand maybe potential distraction. Seen several jumpers have incidents caused by being to distracted in their camera that's why we have minimum jump numbers to use one. As for police using them, why not? They can use mobile phones and txt legally so why not mount a camera on their helmet. Not surprised that insurance companies will want them mandatory for both driving and flying sooner or later. As usual CASA is the problem.
FH