PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ratio of male to female?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2013, 21:39
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know where the following fit in,-
Boys generally grow up thinking the kitchen is a "girly" place Though I believe it's now compulsory for boys to do some Domestic Science, sewing ("Textiles?" ) etc.
Usually, there's a bit of resistance to these "emasculating" activities..bloody odd that most professional chefs. bakers and couturiers and tailors are.....MALE
A surprisingly large percentage of babies are born with no clearly defined sex....not quite hermaphrodite, but not fully formed.

apparently the size of the Clitoris determined which way the medics "pushed" the infant's sexuality..... that may account for a lot of gay/ transgender decisions/lifestyles.
My daughter grew up with two brothers....would happily play with lego, do woodwork, metalwork, plastics moulding, baking, candlemaking etc. despite dad being a mechanic, showed no interest in cars, until she came of driving age and was the first to learn and pass her test.
Having ignored advice about "bangers" burning oil and the necessity of heeding an oil-light, she siezed the engine. dad helped her to fit another engine, clutch, cylinder head etc. she learned and absorbed the fundamental mechanics......
As a student she worked in a call centre....young male colleague arrives late.....#@><*^ car won't start, but it's OK when it eventually does, says he....Ah, it'll be the points, says she....lad totally unconvinced, but lets her have a look and is somewhat surprised that she can find her way round an engine....even more surprise when, through lack of tools, she bends the fixed-point , reassembles and say's "try that"....car springs into life instantly....she now has a new best friend at work.!
Nature or nurture?....dunno....pretty sure the sexes, at a primitive level, have the natural affinity with home-making / rearing (female) or hunter/gatherer/ protector (male)...but see point above , re- medical interference with newborns.......I believe there is a more enlightened approach gaining ground to the question "what have we got?" the unsayable, " Well , your baby's not physically formed to one gender or the other,yet." Is now getting spoken....about bloody time! medical profession have finally acknowledged they're not god .