PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Brindabella?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2013, 01:10
Slippery_Pete

Received 374 Likes on 70 Posts
Sigh.

So let me get this question you posed straight:
Q: If I were married with two kids and hence had to support my entire family, would I personally secure a 30k loan just to work for a company who obviously are not in a good way because they can't even afford to pay for my training?
A: No friggin way.

There are thousands of pilots flying all around Australia who did exactly what you paint as impossible and un-livable - support a wife and kids on the GA award in the middle of bum-f*** nowhere. And they ended up in good jobs in capital cities without buying into it.

This is the whole problem now. Pilots only are about number 1, and only ever look short term. They want the best job, right now, at any expense, and are willing to walk over someone's grave to get there. End result - crap industry.

I don't personally wish harm on these people, but for God's sake, when are people going to start acting with some responsibility and common sense?

Also we are not noting that the contract that was presented took out insurance for just this sort of situation. In the event the company could not make repayments, the pilot is insured.
Well then what's their problem then?