PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support for XP (Pro) and IE 8 users here on PPRuNe...
Old 21st Dec 2013, 18:44
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obgraham

The Upgrade for the uninitiated for Win 8.0 to win 8.1 is it available as an .iso file or do you need to wait for the install ? NB not everyone has a relatively high speed download.

Even the Ubuntu 13.XX iso is too big for a CD, you need a big USB stick.

CAT III Moved

For completness and the very patient:

Update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 - Microsoft Windows

The site does not explicitly mention upgrade times but I'm certain if you use a well known browser you may get appropriate info.

PP The constant references to the origional release date of XP are misleading in Computer Science terms when the last SP update was released we had in many ways an eseantially new O/S.

I suspect the Event horizon being waved by the informed members of the "tech press" is based on unstubstantiated crap - Anti Virus Software has evolved to have a very close intertaction with the workings of operating systems - i need more detail here.

I know there are a few very good exeptions, but remember the "maps fiscao" One reviewer for a "National" UK paper chose the location of paper's own offices as a test - Clearly a "Direct entry" command orentated professional captain of the digital universe.

We need a professional computer support persons's rumor network.

[ A personal note: developing software is a war of arttrition - I know it.... The reluctance of IT support staff to embrace "New technology" is founded in years of miserable experence "of the survivours" of modern commercial practice. Incremental change, Ka-San as a management process has been proven to work. Sorry to be so miserable - Bah Hum bug !]

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 21st Dec 2013 at 19:39.