PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2013, 09:04
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MANFOD The 13 based for RYR is an "aspiration", a year or 5 down the line !

I think we would all be dancing round the Christmas Tree and polishing our baubles if that came to pass in 2014 ! ( As long of course that it was new destinations/increased freq and not duplication)

The EZY destination you are looking for is Thessalonica.

Really frustrating re Moscow at least EZY are giving it a good go re advertising on local radio in Manchester BUT this should have been done 12 months ago in the lead in period, and certainly not now the service is effectively being slashed by 50%.

Joined up thinking comes to mind ?

EZY did say they were after more business routes ex MAN and at 4 a week this was at least dooable, although no doubt most will stick with KL, LH etc.

Unless you are very easy going the times have to fit around the business not the other way round, that said for some maybe delaying or organising visits/appts over the 4 day flight window , coupled of course to the lower cost was a benefit. You would no doubt also waste half a day both back and forth by going via another hub.

My worry is that I don't see it coming back at a reasonable level.

With the su[port we are NOW seeing and had it been successful at 4 it "might" have gone daily which would really have increased critical mass further, a "daily" offers that complete flexibility ......but 4 to 2 makes things more desperate !

2 a week whilst ok for leisure is a waste of time for business, and this at a time when trade with the NWest and across Russia is up 21% (again I appreciate not all of that will be in Moscow of course).