PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doorless A330 in Sydney
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2003, 12:33
Wirraway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from Sydney Airport Message Board:

I was on QF409 SYD MEL 0700 0825 this morning FRI 4th April, 2003 (A330-200). During pushback the aircraft suffered some damage to 2nd passenger door on the left side. The aircraft was at Gate 11 (dual aerobridge)
The aircraft was set for push back prior to doors being set to Auto. Unusually the passenger door was then reopened for additional material to be carried onboard. With the aerobridge still attached the push back commenced and continued for about 5-10 seconds before being halted. The result appeared to be some minor damage to both aircraft and aerobridge.

I am pleased to say there were no injuries to Cabin Crew, Ground Crew or Passengers. The Qantas Cabin crew onboard acted professionally throughout. The Captain advised the flight would be cancelled. Passengers were then transferred onto other flights.
======
G'day Chris
Apparently, Load Control realised the aircraft was out of trim, and asked for the door to be reopened by the ground staff (presume so they could give the crew the new loadsheet... although, having said that, wouldnt they normally be updated via ACARS?). I guess the Tech crew were unaware, and commenced pushback. Whoops!

Regards

Luke/PER
==============================================