Thread: The Campfire
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2003, 20:36
BAKELA
Registered User *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool THE 4TH DIMENSION

Hello Fellow African Campers,

Well, seeing as I’m at THE CAMPFIRE, having cancelled my subscription to magazines of lesser quality and not visiting JET BLAST so frequently anymore , I sit staring into the fire burning in various colours of hot. I look at the burning embers, hear them crackling and am aware of the night noises only found in Africa.

I am content with life as I also happened to have a cold frosty in my hand . I think about abstract things. Dimensions and a lot of other things I do not think I really understand. The 4th dimension comes to mind . I think about and remember days many moons back when I very actively manipulated (only but just sometimes) the flight controls of a flying machine to make it play around it’s three axis. We mortals are very lucky to be able to play with the three dimensions more than anybody else on earth. Up, down, left, right, forward and, especially for the chopper guys, backwards .

Every time we finish playing with the three dimensions we write certain numbers in a little book. The numbers written therein plays a vital role in the lives of those of us who carry on to make flying a full time profession. So what do we write down and what does it take to play with the three dimensions? Time!

Time is thus the 4th dimension and not some mumbo-jumbo or computer database software or something ‘out there’. Without time we can do nothing with the three dimensions we so love playing with. Without time we can not sit at the campfire with a cold frosty thinking about the good and the bad times long gone by. Time IS the 4th dimension.