PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ratio of male to female?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 02:27
alnina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big pistons forever

Couldnt have said it better myself.

dubble

I suppose testosterone has never made a guy ever do anything stupid, or infuriating annoying.

You might also want to get your facts straight. Here is the abstract Distribution of positive moods in women with... [J Psychosom Res. 1995] - PubMed - NCBI to a nice little paper that correlates pre-ovulation oestrogen surges to PEAK mood. So if your lady being happy pisses you off, perhaps the issue is not oestrogen but you. Additionally, this surge happens just prior to the middle of a woman's cycle. If you have ever bothered to pay any attention this is generally not PMS time, and in fact tends to be the time when a woman is most...positively inclined toward her partner, if you get my meaning. Again if that is a problem for you, well...

That aside, I suppose we can all be glad that by your logic there are a bunch of level-headed, presumably testosterone-free pilots scooting us all around the skies and not a bunch of hormone-addled women looking to ditch planes into the nearest mountain because they're having a mid-month oestrogen surge. Perhaps if you simply put them all on an appropriate hormonal birth control or monitored their cycles and banned them flying from what, day 11 - 14 that would be good. I'm sure their hubbies would be happy about it anyway.

As for why women aren't becoming pilots, well, here's an idea, ask some women.

big pistons you've obviously never experienced a hormonally induced tantrum directed at yo
Typical approach - act like an ass and when she gets made claim her reaction is hormonal and therefore irrational. Having witnessed plenty of testosterone-fuelled male stupidity one could pretty easily flip your hormone argument on its head dubble...