PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Brindabella?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2013, 23:10
Slippery_Pete

Received 373 Likes on 70 Posts
I wish the AFAP luck with that, but if unsuccessful, would the union consider looking after the affected pilots by, say, covering interest only on the training loans for AFAP members? A debt like that could be debilitating when you've just lost what wasn't a high-paying job, and a Jetstream rating isn't worth a lot in Australia right now.
Perhaps the AFAP's time would have been better off trying to shutdown these pay for endorsement scams in the first place.

We all bitch and moan about how Alan Joyce won't invest in Qantas... But then every idiot who comes along to Jetstar is paying him 30k for the privilege of working for him.... And he STILL can't make a profit.

I also hear the AFAP are working with one group of pilots to change cadetship payments which are prohibitive. Here's an idea, if you can't afford it, don't sign up to it.

I really wish the AFAP would focus our money on the big issues, rather than try and bail out a few select individuals who have made bad financial decisions. Paying 30k for a Jetsteam endorsement? Seriously?