PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger down off Straddie
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2013, 05:31
arawa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griffo, my Tiger is a complete rebuild same as yours, and the only original part is the pilots ( rear ) seat, but the rest was new via Challinor's.
and yes, mine is as yours..put into a dive and it will tend to recover on its own.

Have some of the online "experts" checked to see that there has been several AD's regarding wing spars and flying wires over the past few years, and that the Tigers you see flying around here in SE Qld, are very well maintained.
Just like G'pa's axe.

Jabba, hopefully they do raise it, as it may reveal something , but as you said its Qld and not NSW.

Maybe the Go-pro, if that rumour is correct, will reveal something, and if it does, I hope for the sake of the families , certain parts, for obvious reasons, are never made public domain.

Also just wonder with him being over the beach, did the lad collect a seagull or pelican on the wing strut ? but the witness didnt seem to suggest that it was in pieces coming down.
I do have another theory involving a stopped prop, and other Tiger pilots could guess what Im thinking.

But most important ,are thoughts to the families who have lost loved ones, especially this time of year.