PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2013, 11:55
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VC10

I assume that was from LGW, the problem for Monarch at LGW sadly isn't BA which these days on short haul is nothing special, it the growing threat of Norwegian, Norwegian were second only to SWISS in the latest Which satisfaction survey (3rd overall) with the distortion of Aurigny & SWISS is a better product than BA short haul

Any new order from Monarch will i fear be to little to late, with retirement of older fleet aircraft there will be little real growth for several years ahead, they have of course a loyal customer base who remember the halcyon days, but most of them are North of 60 years old and think the Honda Jazz or Rover cars are the future.

The C series is an excellent aircraft for US feeder airlines, but for high density LoCo operations in Europe it is seriously compromised and any fuel savings will be offset against lower seat cost of the Neo & MAX, i think Air Baltic are the only other European operator to have ordered it ??

If ZB go for 60 aircraft they should go for one type (Family) and that should be based on the Airbus product given current fleet composition, anything else increases costs, reduces flexibility, the future they face is Ryanair/Easyjet/Norwegian/Vueling & in the Midlands/North Jet2, not Flybe or Eastern.