PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Brindabella?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2013, 17:19
boaccomet4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brindabelle woes

Befor Aeropeelican took Brindaberlla I percieved Aeropelican as a regional airline offering a very professional, and on time regional airline. I was making money and they enolyed esxpeinced skiled pilots, Then I hear the horror of the two companies merging such that the Aeropelican name would be dropped and the Brindabella name be retained. Aeropelican had a reliable service for many year using twin otters from Blemont and then some greed buyer thought he would move Aeropelican out of Belmont to Wllimamtown airport. The culture at the duck was professional and happy whereas Brindabella never seemed upfront with the staff. I also think the new management were optimising on the LOWER load fractor required to make operations into a country port viable. Another cost was having to send crew to the US to train on the j41 (LARGE OVERHEAD).
Another cost was cadet pilots whose promosition was severely resgtrictec by their lack of flying experience. As for the maintenance well I don't know what happened there. In hindsight it is a pity the much more experienced
Aeropelican had been left alone and maintain its operating standarda and kept well away from Brinbdabella. I think if this had been the case then Aeropelican would still be operation. Maybe they could have snagged thel lucerative Canberra to Newscaste run (always furl and always paid for by government money. I fell really sorry for the ex Aeropelican staff as they had a sober culture before the merger. Wheras Brindabella assays seemed to run on few.