PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Brindabella?
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2013, 17:59
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA.... Something to answer for? I doubt it very much. This was the result of a long chain of events that was set in motion in 2010 when Aeropelican was restructured with a new puppeteer and a whole new ensemble of marionettes were parachuted into the non-flying upper management roles.

They retained a couple of high calibre C+T staff and a good core of experienced crews but the rot began to creep in with perceived secrecy and a number of people elevated well beyond their competence level who actively cultivated a "them and us" attitude as it was to their liking and purpose. Had a bad feeling about the way it was being run right from the beginning after the great pineappling of 2010…

BAH then bought into Brindabella and transplanted said marionettes. Continual speculation after we were told of the merged workforce as to what the future might hold for the stable Newcastle employee group was never adequately addressed apart from "trust us, she'll be right..." The drop in pay (and a big question mark over the bond) to fly a larger type was, for some (including myself) unpalatable.

Jeff, I think history will show he was firmly pushed by a non-sympathetic business "partnership"...

... if (IF) the BBA engineering process is anything like their operating practices, it's no wonder things are 'confused'. The severely CASA influenced SOP make a meal of the simplest routine procedures, the PIC almost needing permission in triplicate to turn on the bloody wipers...
Rubbish. The Metro SOPs (I never flew the J41) were stringent and a little complex when I started with them, but were soon whittled down to where they needed to be. Like you Kharon I have also operated metros for other operators and the Brindy SOPs were in no way greatly differing to any other operator and IMHO were actually quite a step above some, especially as many of the F/Os that joined on the metro were flying their first pressurised multi turbine "multi crew" SOPs with that company. The way the FCOM suite was put together made it less of a saga to get a highly polished performance out of a relative new hire as long as they read the book....

The Brindy CP was always there and available if anyone had an issue that needed his input and is one person in this industry I am grateful I have worked for, along with Jeff, Lara and most of the old Brindys crews and at the good folk at the Duck: Paul, Em, Brian, Waz etc etc.

Raider, staff have been told to return all company owned gear already. Meetings with recievers today.