PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - 2013
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2013, 09:15
Airman07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bul: Maybe you should do some research on the training standards at 43. Maybe that's a good indication of why people fail. Also, maybe ask around what it is like to be out there in Port Alfred. If you can afford it, maybe visit down there. See for yourself what it is like. See what conditions one has to live with when heading out there for 12-24 months of their young lives. If you have enough time maybe get a feel for how one is treated on site as well!

I have my thoughts on the subject.

Also open door policy for daddy's boy/girl where daddy has the connections to get you in no longer apply. That's also another significant factor in determining whether one gets through training or not.

MK has given the wrong impression that 43 is the place for Mauritians to study aviation for too long. Worse, MK have turned it into a self-sponsored programme so you're actually paying for something that is not really good value for money. Just my opinion.

The guys who set this whole thing up were trained in Europe. We are talking l'ENAC here. Why is it that today Mauritians have to train in a hole in Africa at some self proclaimed excellence school? Who are 43? What is their training record? First time pass rates in ground school? First time pass rates in general? Number of drop outs? Quality of instructors? What can one realistically expect from a training school where the average age of instructors is less than 25? Are the 25 year old instructors really focused on their jobs? Do they have sufficient background/experience in aviation to instruct/teach? Can they really share an airline environment experience? Are they patient enough knowing that progression rates vary from individual to individual? Or are they going through consolidation themselves?

What treatment do non south african people get at Port Alfred? This could go on and on.. Maybe we need another thread on the topic!

Mind you, this is not to say that 43 doesn't produce quality pilots.