PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Lisbon pilots announcing 5 days of strike
Old 14th Dec 2013, 08:32
HundredPercentPlease

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by caulfield
a disreputable one like easyjet that has pay-to-fly
Never got to read the rest of your post. If you write utter drivel like this, then I can only assume that the rest of your message is similarly "factually challenged". I would suggest getting your facts right if you want to make a point.

Originally Posted by kungfu panda
Well I am going to contribute to this conversation even if I am an unwelcome guest.
Not unwelcome, just unwilling to understand the law.

Originally Posted by kungfu panda
As I said previously I do understand the position of the UK based Pilots, but if they are required to strike break by Law they still need to be seen to take action. In my view (which I understand is not popular amongst the readers here), BALPA need to write to Easy management
It seems you just don't get it.

The law and the contract are quite clear. You have to go, and no secondary industrial action is allowed. Industrial action includes sick-outs and work to rule. Secondary action can leave both the pilot and the union liable to damages and dismissal.

So, you write that we should be seen "to take action".

No union will deliberately expose themselves to damages. No pilot will expose himself to dismissal and damages. Do you get that?

No, I thought not. Cue another post saying that the UK pilots should take action.