PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A10 strikes again
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 20:41
Chalkstripe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of sounding morbid (and this may have been mentioned earlier), but the high proportion of coaltion casualties attributable to Blue on Blue (and accidents) has been disproportionally inflated due to the low number of casualties at the hands of the Iraqi forces. This has to be a positive reflection on the careful planning of the campaign. If there had been (God forbid) casualty figures in the triple figures would everyone be so fired up about this?

Obviously, if you happen to be related to a B-o-B victim, then any talk of disproportianately inflated ratios is just so much sophistry.

Before I receive a torrent of abuse I deplore all of these incidents, but, as Danny has said, perhaps we should withold our condemnation until after they have been investigated fully. It does seem that the A-10 incident will be hard to defend, particularly with the colour of the day smoke being used. But let's keep a cool head until we know all of the facts.

However I do hope that if these incidents do prove to be negligent that the guilty parties do not get "lost in the machine".

CS