PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2013, 08:07
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Ferrovial would surprise us, but I too would prefer GIP over them. But of course there may be others - MAG possibly, plus one other smaller shareholder in HAH has stated their interest allegedly.

Marathon Oil are the latest North American major looking to exit the UKCS in the next couple of years I see today in my morning paper. They have operated the Brae complex since its beginning. Looks now though that the allure of other provinces & especially the trend of shale oil/gas in the US is taking up its attention. I remember Bristow almost going through the alphabet using the 56 callsign when it was being commissioned/hooked up - but that was 1983, so it's some 30yrs old.

Will be sad to see them go eventually, particularly as Talisman & Chevron are similarly exiting the province, or rumoured to be looking to do so.

Would imagine others will be willing to take over any assets put up for sale.

Nature of the oil business I guess, but still Marathon & Chevron both have been fixtures in Aberdeen for years, so worrying trend perhaps that the roots we hoped these companies had put down here are quite easy to rip up.